Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that two new stars are set for a spell on the sidelines, with goalkeeper Alisson, and striker Diogo Jota, both picking up injuries during last weekend's draw with Manchester City.
During his Wednesday press conference, Klopp was asked about the pair, and confirmed that both will miss Thursday's Europa League match with LASK, as well as several upcoming League games.
"Both are out," said Klopp. "With Ali it's a bit lesserso we have to see - not day by day, he will not play tomorrow, not on Sunday, probably not the week after. Then it should be OK."
"Diogo will take a little bit longer, we don't know exactly how long, but it's a bit more severe. We have to see."
Alisson's injury means backup keeper Caoimhim Kelleher will get an extended run in goal. For many Managers, the thought of losing their no.1 keeper would be a massive worry, but such is the quality of Kelleher, that Klopp, and Reds fans, will still be confident of picking up a victory against LASK and beyond.
The injury to Jota is more serious, and is a big disappoint for the player, but thankfully Liverpool has plenty of options up front.
6 first team players missing
The injuries to Alisson and Jota means the Reds now have 6 first team players out injured, just as the season approaches its busiest period. Over the next month Liverpool will play two games every week, but Klopp will have to do without the following players.
Alisson - Thigh injury - still be assessed
Diogo Jota - Unkown injury - still being assessed
Andy Robertson - Dislocated shoulder - recovering after shoulder injury, back in January 2024
Stefan Bajcetic - Calf/Shin/Heel injury - still being assessed, no return date
Thiago - Groin/Hip/Pelvic - still be assessed - estimated return end of January 2024
Connor Bradley - Unknown injury - trianing with first team but not match fit
If you liked the article 'Alisson and Jota join injury list', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 366
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Injury News articles you might like to read...
- Liverpool injury news ahead of Southampton gameFebruary 27, 2024Jurgen Klopp gave his pre-match press conference this afternoon, and provided a number of updates on Liverpool's injured players ahead of the FA Cup match against Southampton. […]
- Liverpool leave Wembley with more injury concernsFebruary 26, 2024The Red's victory over Chelsea may have come at a high price, with two more midfielders seen leaving Wembley on crutches. […]
- Pep Lijnders provides huge injury updateFebruary 23, 2024The Liverpool Assistant Manager has confirmed that the Reds will be without a number of first-team players until after the International break in March. […]
- When will Liverpool’s injured players returnFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool are in the middle of an injury crisis, with numerous key players set for an extended spell on the sidelines. […]
- Liverpool suffer more injury woesFebruary 17, 2024Despite the excellent performance and result against Brentford yesterday, Jurgen Klopp will have had much to ponder on the long trip north, as three more first-team players suffered injuries. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com