Liverpool begin the busiest period of the season with mid-week trip to Sheffield United. LFC - Back On Our Perch has all the pre-game information you need to enjoy the action, as the Reds look to keep pace with Arsenal at the top of the table.
What time is kick-off?
The match kicks off at 7.30pm (UK time), on Wednesday 6th December 2023.
Why have we got mid-week games?
Christmas is one of the busiest periods in the football calendar. With Premier League, FA Cup and Eruopean matches to fit in, most teams will be playing 3 games a week from now until the end of January.
Where is the game being played?
The game is being played at Bramall Lane, the home of Sheffield United. The Etihad has a capacity of 32,050
Where are the teams in the table?
After 14 games of the season, Sheffield United find themselves in a relegation battle, and are currently bottom of the table with just 5 points. Liverpool sit in second, 5 points behind Arsenal on 31 points, but with a game in hand.
Are tickets still available?
General tickets sold out months ago, however, there are a number of hospitality seats still available.
Is the game on TV?
The game will be streamed live on Amazon Prime.
Who will be officiating the game?
Match referee : Simon Hooper
Assistants: Simon Long, James Mainwaring
Fourth official: Tony Harrington
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Richard West
What happened the last time the teams met?
Liverpool last played Sheffield United during the 2020-21 season. The Reds completed the double by winning 2 - 1 at Anfield and 2 - 0 away at Bramall Lane.
Liverpool have won the last five meetings between the two teams.
Last time out
Both teams have only had a few days rest since their lat matches. Sheffield United lost heavily at Burnley, 5- 0 on Saturday, whilst Liverpool won a thrilling contest against Fulham at Anfield, 4 - 3 on Sunday.
Mo Salah still needs one more goal to reach 200 goals for Liverpool.
Salah also needs one more league goal to reach 150 Premier League goals.
Liverpool will be looking to extend a run of scoring in each of the lat 31 games, since a 0-0 draw with Chelsea in April.
No Liverpool substitute has ever scored a goal against Sheffield United - could that change tonight?
Make sure you visit LFC - Back On Our perch tomorrow, for confirmed team news, full time report and match analysis.
If you liked the article 'Sheffield Utd vs Liverpool Match Info', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 348
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other General News articles you might like to read...
- Liverpool learn Europa League Last 16 opponentsFebruary 23, 2024The draw for the Europa League Round of 16 has taken place this morning in Nyon, Switzerland, with Liverpool drawing Sparta Prague. […]
- Jurgen Klopp gives injury update during press conferenceFebruary 20, 2024As expected, Jurgen Klopp used today's pre-match press conference to provide updates on the club's numerous injured players, including Alisson, Jota, Jones and Alexander-Arnold. […]
- Six games that will decide this season’s title raceFebruary 20, 2024The 2023/24 season is reaching an exciting climax, with four teams still in the hunt for the title. We take a look at six upcoming games that will decide this season's title race. […]
- Liverpool regains the advantage in title raceFebruary 19, 2024Manchester City's draw with Chelsea on Saturday means Liverpool are once again masters of their own destiny, in the race for the Premier League title. […]
- Liverpool vs Luton preview: kick-off, team news, TV channelFebruary 19, 2024Liverpool welcome Luton Town to Anfield on Wednesday evening, with the Reds looking for a first Premier League victory over the Hatters. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com