Yesterday was a great day to be a Liverpool fan. Not only did the Reds secure another 'come from behind' victory - that took them top of the table, Harvey Elliott scored a 'worldie', and best of all, Mohamad Salah scored his 200th goal for LFC!!
It's a remarkable achievement for a fabulous footballer, who will surely go down as one of the Reds greatest ever players...
When Salah signed from Roma, for £34million, in the summer of 2017, few people could have foreseen just how prolific a striker he would become. Not even Jurgen Klopp - who many credit for developing and honing Salah into the player we see today - could had expected his new signing to create such a lasting impact at the club. Indeed, in 225 appearances prior to joining Liverpool, Salah had scored just 68 goals, at an average of 1 goal every 3.3 games.
Seven and a half seasons later, and salah has scored 200 goals for LFC in just 327 games, at an average of 1 goal every 1.6 games. He has also assisted 81 goals, meaning he has directly contributed to 281 goals in 327 games in a Red shirt. That is a incredible record, and highlights why Salah remains the clubs most important player.
Salah joins an elite group of players...
In reaching 200 goals for Liverpool, Salah becomes only the fifth player in the clubs history to reach that landmark, joining an elite group of strikers who all hold 'Legendary' status.
Mo Salah - 200 goals
Ian Rush - 346 goals
Roger Hunt - 285 goals
Gordon Hodgson - 241 goals
Billy Liddell - 228 goals
In the past, we have written about whether Salah can realistically reach Ian Rush's all time record of 346 goals, but the other positions on the list are definately within his sights. Billy Liddell's total of 228 goals could conceivably be reached this season, if Salah stays fit, and Liverpool go deep in all four competitions (which looks likely at the present time). If Salah doesn't match Liddell's tally this season, then next season he would definately be expected to better it, alongside Hodgson's total of 241 goals. To reach Roger Hunt's total Salah would need another 85 goals, but if he continues to score 30+ goals a season then Hunt's total could be reached by the end of the 2026 season.
Of course, all this relies on Salah remaining a Liverpool player. But with many big name players not enjoying their time in the Saudi Pro League, and Salah's hunger to win more major trophies, it seems more likely than not that Salah will remain a Liverpool player for a few more seasons yet...
Breakdown of Salah's goals
Premier League - 148
European Competition - 45
FA Cup - 5
Carabao Cup - 1
Other - 1
Open Play - 170
Penalties - 30
If you liked the article 'Salah scores 200th Liverpool goal', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 348
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other articles about LFC's History that you might like to read...
- Ex-Reds boss Roy Hodgson retires from footballFebruary 23, 2024Roy Hodgson, who had an ill-fated spell as Liverpool's Manager in 2010/11 has been forced to retire from football after being taken ill last week. […]
- Harvey Elliott makes 100th Liverpool appearanceFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool youngster Harvey Elliott will make his 100th appearance for the Reds tonight against Luton Town, becoming the fourth youngest player to reach the landmark. […]
- Liverpool field team with 11 different nationalitiesFebruary 17, 2024LFC set a new club record today when the Starting XI for the game against Brentford featured eleven players from eleven different countries. […]
- Van Dijk breaks club record on 250th appearanceFebruary 17, 2024Today's game against Brentford was a special one for Virgil Van Dijk, as the Reds skipper made his 250th appearance, and broke an LFC club record in the process. […]
- Van Dijk reaches personal LFC milestoneFebruary 17, 2024Liverpool Captain Virgil Van Dijk is making his 250th appearance for Liverpool today, as he leads the side against Brentford in the Premier League. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com