Jurgen Klopp and his players have departed Anfield, ahead of their final Europa League Group E match against Union SG on Thursday. Thanks to their excellent form earlier in the competition, the Reds have already secured top spot in the group, meaning there is nothing riding on tomorrow nights game.
As such, Klopp has the luxury of resting key members of his squad, with one eye on Sundays huge clash with Manchester United. And the Official Liverpool website has confirmed the following 23-man squad for the match :
Gomez, Endo, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Chambers, Pitaluga, Scanlon, Gordon, Doak, McConnell, Kelleher, Koumas, Quansah, Hill, Bradley, Mrozek
4 Big Names Missing
Whilst a large number of the first team squad has travelled, there are four big names missing - namely Mohamad Salah, Alisson, Virgil Van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold.
Very few fans would argue with the decision to leave these four at home, as the match agaist Manchester United at the weekend is far more important, and with United suffering further injuries last night against Bayern Munich, having our star players fully fit on Sunday will be vital.
A chance for youth to shine....
Although it would be tempting to rest all our first team players, and play 11 youngsters against Union SG, it's important that Liverpool respect the competition and opposition. I would therefore expect Klopp to play a number of experienced players, including Endo, Gomez, Kelleher, Jones and Gravenberch. However, I am looking forward to seeing more of our promising younger players, including Doak, Gordon, Chambers, Bradley and Scanlon.
Make sure you check out LFC - Back On Our Perch tomorrow, for confirmed team news, match report and analysis.
If you liked the article 'Union SG vs Liverpool early team news', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 366
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Line Up and Match Reports you might like to read...
- Liverpool’s young guns send Southampton packingFebruary 28, 2024'Klopp's Kids' gave another excellent account of themselves, scoring three and keeping a clean sheet to steer Liverpool into the Quarter-Finals of the FA Cup. […]
- Liverpool vs Southampton confirmed lineupsFebruary 28, 2024Jurgen Klopp has named a very inexperienced Liverpool side for tonight's FA Cup game with Southampton, with nine Academy players in the squad. […]
- Predicted lineup vs SouthamptonFebruary 28, 2024Jurgen Klopp will once again need to look to the Academy when naming his starting XI for tonight's game against Southampton in the FA Cup. […]
- Liverpool stun Chelsea to win 10th Carabao CupFebruary 25, 2024Jurgen Klopp and Virgil Van Dijk lead Liverpool to Carabao Cup Glory, as the first leg of the quadruple is secured! […]
- Carabao Cup Final confirmed line-upFebruary 25, 2024Jurgen Klopp has named Liverpool's Starting XI for todays Carabao Cup Final against Chelsea. Come On you Reds!! […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com