Game week 17 is complete, but Liverpool fans will be feeling frustrated, after a boring 0 - 0 draw with Manchester United on Sunday evening. Check out all the results below and then join us for analysis below.
Friday 15th December 2023
Nottingham Forest 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
Saturday 16th December 2023
AFC Bournemouth - Match Abandoned - Luton Town
Chelsea 2 - 0 Sheffiled United
Manchester City 2 - 2 Crystal Palace
Newcastle United 3 - 0 Fulham
Burnley 0 - 2 Everton
Sunday 17th December 2023
Arsenal 2 - 0 Brighton & Hove Albion
Brentford 1 - 2 Aston Villa
West Ham United 3 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Liverpool 0 - 0 Manchester United
Liverpool and City lose ground on rivals
Liverpool and Manchester city both lost ground on their nearest rivals, as both suffered disappointing home draws, against Man United and Crystal Palace respectively.
Tottenham kicked off the weekend with another away victory, this time over struggling Nottingham Forest. The result moved Tottenham back into fifth in the table, and left Forest just one place above the relegation zone. The only downside for Tottenham was the sending off of Yves Bissouma, who will now miss 4 games. As Bissouma will also be heading to the African Cup of Nations in January, he is unlikely to play again for Tottenham until February.
Saturday's drama came at The Vitality Stadium, where Luton Town Captain Tom Lockyer suffered a heart attack on the pitch. It is the second time the player has suffered heart trouble during a game. Thankfully the quick thinking of the medical staff and ambulance crews in attendance saved his life, with the player in a stable condition in hospital. The game was abandoned with the score 1 - 1. Elsewhere, Chelsea and Newcastle both recorded easy home victories, whilst Everton continued their excellent run of form to defeat Burnley 2 - 0 at Turf Moor. Manchester City let a two goal lead slip at home to Crystal Palace, with another uncharacteristically nervous performance.
Moving onto Sunday and Arsenal and Villa both recorded excellent victories. Arsenal saw off a spirited Brighton 2 - 0, whilst Villa came from behind to defeat Brentford. The results moved them both above Liverpool, who failed to capitalise on Manchester United's poor form, with a disappointing 0 - 0 draw at Anfield. A point was enough to move Liverpool back into second, one point behind Arsenal, but it was definately a missed opportunity for the Reds.
Premier League Top 6
Arsenal - 39pts
Liverpool - 38pts
Aston Villa - 38pts
Man City - 34pts
Tottenham - 33pts
Newcastle United - 29pts
Premier League Bottom 4
Nottingham Forest - 14pts
Luton - 9pts
Burnley - 8pts
Sheffield United - 8pts
If you liked the article 'Premier League Results - Week 17', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 352
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Catch up with all the other LFC fixtures and results below...
- Premier League Fixtures – Week 26February 24, 2024Liverpool's focus this weekend is on the Carabao Cup Final, but Arsenal and Manchester City will all be looking to close the gap on the Reds at the top of the table. […]
- Premier League Results – Week 25February 19, 2024Liverpool produced an excellent display to win away at Brentford for the first time since 1938. Arsenal also won to keep up the pressure on the Reds, but City and Spurs drop points. […]
- Premier League Fixtures – Week 25February 15, 2024Liverpool, Manchester City, and Arsenal will all be looking to take control of the Title race, as the Premier League prepares for another weekend of action. […]
- Premier League Results – Week 24February 12, 2024The Premier League delivered once again, with plenty of goals and late drama across all 10 matches this weekend. […]
- Premier League Fixtures – Week 24February 9, 2024Liverpool will be looking to bounce back from their disappointing defeat at Arsenal last Sunday, when they host Burnley at Anfield tomorrow. See which other games are taking place this weekend. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com