Liverpool are back in action tonight, just 3 days after the disappointing 0 - 0 draw with Manchester United. West Ham United are the visitors, with Anfield set to host the last Quarter Final of this years Carabao Cup.
Liverpool have won the Carabao Cup (or it's namesake) more times than any other team, with a total of 9 titles to their name. Their last triumph came during the 2021/22 season, when the Reds defeated Chelsea on penalties.
Liverpool actually played West Ham in the Final of the competition in 1981 (when it was called the League Cup), with Liverpool winning a replay 2 - 1, after the first Final ended one apiece.
The match kicks off at 8pm tonight, with Jurgen Klopp likely to name a strong starting XI, with a trip to Wembley just 2 games away.
The draw for the Semi Finals are due to take place at 10pm, after the conclusion of tonights game. The Semi Finals are played over 2 legs, with the first leg due to take place week commencing 8th January 2024, and the second leg week commencing 22nd January 2024.
Liverpool have been made the bookmakers favourites to win the Cup, at 6/4, just ahead of Chelsea at 7/4.
Check back with LFC - Back On Our Perch later today for confirmed team news, match result and analysis.
If you liked the article 'Carabao Cup Semi Finals taking shape', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 348
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other General News articles you might like to read...
- Liverpool learn Europa League Last 16 opponentsFebruary 23, 2024The draw for the Europa League Round of 16 has taken place this morning in Nyon, Switzerland, with Liverpool drawing Sparta Prague. […]
- Jurgen Klopp gives injury update during press conferenceFebruary 20, 2024As expected, Jurgen Klopp used today's pre-match press conference to provide updates on the club's numerous injured players, including Alisson, Jota, Jones and Alexander-Arnold. […]
- Six games that will decide this season’s title raceFebruary 20, 2024The 2023/24 season is reaching an exciting climax, with four teams still in the hunt for the title. We take a look at six upcoming games that will decide this season's title race. […]
- Liverpool regains the advantage in title raceFebruary 19, 2024Manchester City's draw with Chelsea on Saturday means Liverpool are once again masters of their own destiny, in the race for the Premier League title. […]
- Liverpool vs Luton preview: kick-off, team news, TV channelFebruary 19, 2024Liverpool welcome Luton Town to Anfield on Wednesday evening, with the Reds looking for a first Premier League victory over the Hatters. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com