Christmas is nearly here and the football just keeps on coming. Now more than ever, a teams success will depend on its squad depth and player fitness, with injuries mounting and key players missing big games.
Ahead of our top of the table clash with Arsenal later today, LFC - Back On Our Perch takes a look at who will be missing from both teams, and when said players will likely return to action.
Liverpool have no suspended players for tonights game, although Darwin Nunez currently has 4 yellow cards, and will miss a match if he picks up one more yellow card.
Liverpool currently have seven injured players :
Joel Matip - Matip will miss the rest of the season with ACL injury.
Thiago - Thiago has been out for over 4 months with a recurring hip/groin/back injury. It is hoped he will be back in the New Year.
Diogo Jota - Jota is making good progress from a thigh injury, and is doing ball work as he regains his fitness. Hopefully back after Christmas.
Andrew Robertson - Robertson is making good progress as he recovers from a dislocated shoulder, but won't feature until the end of January at the earliest.
Alexis Mac Allister - Mac Allister suffered a freak injury where a stud went into his ankle. He is no longer suffering pain from the injury, but is not back in training either.
Ryan Gravenberch - Gravenberch came off against United with a thigh injury. Klopp initially feared it was a bad injury, but thankfully it was only fatigue, and Gravenberch is back in line for a starting berth today.
Stefan Bajcetic - Young midfielder Bajcetic is suffering from a range of issues with no timescale put on his return.
Arsenal have no players suspended for todays game, although Kai Havertz is currently on four yellow cards, meaning one more yellow will result in a one game ban.
Arsenal currently have six first team players out injured :
Fabio Vieira - Groin/hip/pelvis injury - Currently being assesses - No return date
Takehiro Tomiyasu - Calf/shin/heel injury - Currently being assessed - No return date
Thomas Partey - Thigh injury - Currently being assessed - No return date
Jorge Luiz Frello Filho - Ankle/foot injury - Currently being assessed - unlikely to be fit for todays game.
Mohamed Elneny - Thigh injury - Will undergo a late fitness test ahead of the game.
Jurrien Timber - Knee injury - No return date
If you liked the article 'Liverpool vs Arsenal injury news', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 348
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Injury News articles you might like to read...
- Pep Lijnders provides huge injury updateFebruary 23, 2024The Liverpool Assistant Manager has confirmed that the Reds will be without a number of first-team players until after the International break in March. […]
- When will Liverpool’s injured players returnFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool are in the middle of an injury crisis, with numerous key players set for an extended spell on the sidelines. […]
- Liverpool suffer more injury woesFebruary 17, 2024Despite the excellent performance and result against Brentford yesterday, Jurgen Klopp will have had much to ponder on the long trip north, as three more first-team players suffered injuries. […]
- Liverpool suffer massive injury blowFebruary 16, 2024Jurgen Klopp has revealed that goalkeeper Alisson Becker has suffered a hamstring injury in training, and will not travel with the squad to face Brentford tomorrow. […]
- First team duo back in trainingFebruary 13, 2024Alisson and Joe Gomez both took part in first-team training today, after recovering from a virus that kept them out of last weekend's match with Burnley. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com