Since joining Liverpool from Wolves in September 2020, Diogo Jota has established himself as a key member of the Reds attack, reaching his half-century of goals during tonights game.
Indeed, if Jota had been fit and available for the recent games against Manchester United and Arsenal, it's likely that Liverpool would have earnt more than two draws. That's because Jota has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Take tonights goal for example. After playing the ball forward to Luis Diaz, Jota had the presence of mind to continue his run beyond Diaz, finding space on the left of the area. Although Diaz initially shaped to shoot, when the ball broke to Jota, he calmly took the ball in his stride, sorted out his feet, and then placed a clever finish through the keeper's legs.
It's that type of clinical finish that Liverpool have been lacking in recent weeks. And with Mohamad Salah heading off to the African Cup of Nations in January, Liverpool will need all their strikers to step up and score the goals that will keep Liverpool in the hunt for the Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup.
Jota's Liverpool Goals in numbers...
50 goals in 131 appearances - averaging a goal every games.
41 goals when starting a match.
9 goals as a substitute.
All 50 goals have come from open play.
Jota's goals by Competition
Premier League - 36
Europe - 8
FA Cup - 2
League Cup - 4
Favourite Opposition to score against
Arsenal - 7
Leicester City - 5
Nottingham Forest - 4
Southampton - 4
Atalanta - 3
If you liked the article 'Jota scores 50th Liverpool goal', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 366
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other articles about LFC's History that you might like to read...
- Liverpool’s 13 League Cup Final appearancesFebruary 25, 2024Liverpool will be playing in a record 14th League Cup Final today. Find out how the Reds performed in their previous 13 Final appearances. […]
- Liverpool vs Chelsea head-to-head recordFebruary 24, 2024LFC - Back On Our Perch takes a look at Liverpool's head-to-head record against Chelsea, as the two sides get ready to face off in the Carabao Cup Final tomorrow. […]
- Ex-Reds boss Roy Hodgson retires from footballFebruary 23, 2024Roy Hodgson, who had an ill-fated spell as Liverpool's Manager in 2010/11 has been forced to retire from football after being taken ill last week. […]
- Harvey Elliott makes 100th Liverpool appearanceFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool youngster Harvey Elliott will make his 100th appearance for the Reds tonight against Luton Town, becoming the fourth youngest player to reach the landmark. […]
- Liverpool field team with 11 different nationalitiesFebruary 17, 2024LFC set a new club record today when the Starting XI for the game against Brentford featured eleven players from eleven different countries. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com