Christmas has come and gone, and Liverpool are heading into 2024 sitting top of the table. Newcastle are the latest team to visit Anfield, with the much anticipated match taking place on New Year's Day.
Ahead of the clash, LFC - Back On Our Perch takes a look at who will be missing from both teams, and when said players will likely return to action.
Liverpool have no suspended players for this game, although Darwin Nunez and Wataru Endo currently have 4 yellow cards, and will miss a match if either picks up one more yellow card.
Liverpool currently have six injured players :
Joel Matip - Matip will miss the rest of the season with ACL injury.
Thiago - Thiago has been out for over 4 months with a recurring hip/groin/back injury. It is hoped he will be back in the New Year - although there are no further updates about his progress at this time.
Andrew Robertson - Robertson is making good progress as he recovers from a dislocated shoulder, but won't feature until the end of January at the earliest.
Alexis Mac Allister - Mac Allister suffered a freak injury where a stud went into his ankle. He is no longer suffering pain from the injury, but is not back in training either.
Stefan Bajcetic - Young midfielder Bajcetic is suffering from a range of issues with no timescale put on his return.
Kostas Tsimikas - Tsimikas has joined Andy Robertson on the injured list, after falling ackwardly against Arsenal and damaging his collarbone. The injury is currently being assessed, and not return date has been set.
Sandro Tonali is currently serving a 10-month ban for illegal sports betting, and will be unavailable for the upcoming match.
Newcastle United currently have eight first team players out injured :
Nick Pope - Shoulder injury - Currently being assessed - Out for atleast 4 months
Jacob Murphy - Shoulder injury - Currently being assessed - Out until atleast February 2024
Harvey Barnes - Ankle/Foot injury - Out until February 2024
Jo Willock - Calf/Shin/Heel injury - Out for approx. two weeks
Elliot Anderson - Lower back injury - Out for approx. two weeks
Jamaal Lascelles - Groin/Hip/Pelvic injury - Currently being assessed - No return date
Javier Manquillo - Groin/Hoip/Pelvi injury - Currently being assessed - No return date
Matt Targett - Thigh injury - Currently being assessed - No return date
If you liked the article 'Liverpool vs Newcastle United injury news', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 366
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Injury News articles you might like to read...
- Liverpool injury news ahead of Southampton gameFebruary 27, 2024Jurgen Klopp gave his pre-match press conference this afternoon, and provided a number of updates on Liverpool's injured players ahead of the FA Cup match against Southampton. […]
- Liverpool leave Wembley with more injury concernsFebruary 26, 2024The Red's victory over Chelsea may have come at a high price, with two more midfielders seen leaving Wembley on crutches. […]
- Pep Lijnders provides huge injury updateFebruary 23, 2024The Liverpool Assistant Manager has confirmed that the Reds will be without a number of first-team players until after the International break in March. […]
- When will Liverpool’s injured players returnFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool are in the middle of an injury crisis, with numerous key players set for an extended spell on the sidelines. […]
- Liverpool suffer more injury woesFebruary 17, 2024Despite the excellent performance and result against Brentford yesterday, Jurgen Klopp will have had much to ponder on the long trip north, as three more first-team players suffered injuries. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com