Boxing Day was a happy day for Liverpool once again, as their 2 - 0 victory over Burnley took them back to the top of the table. Check out all the results below and then join us for analysis.
Tuesday 26th December 2023
Newcastle United 1 - 3 Nottingham Forest
AFC Bournemouth 3 - 0 Fulham
Sheffield United 2 - 3 Luton Town
Burnley 0 - 2 Liverpool
Manchester United 3 - 2 Aston Villa
Wednesday 27th December 2023
Brentford 1 - 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Chelsea 2 - 1 Crystal Palace
Everton 1 - 3 Manchester City
Thursday 28th December 2023
Brighton & Hove Albion 4 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
Arsenal vs West Ham United
Liverpool win on Boxing Day again....
Liverpool continued their excellent Boxing Day record under Jurgen Klopp, beating Burnley 2 - 0, to claim their sixth victory on the 26th December since he became Manager. The result moved Liverpool back to the top of the table, and ended a run of two draws for the Reds.
Elsewhere, it was a bad week for many of Liverpool's title rivals, with Newcastle losing at home to Nottingham Forest, whilst Tottenham lost away at Brighton. Manchester United's season finally picked up, after a thrilling come from behind victory over high flying Aston Villa. Whilst we would never normally cheer on any team from Manchester, the defeat means Villa have dropped three points back from Liverpool at the top of the table.
Manchester City returned to Premier League action with a hard fought victory over Everton at Goodison Park. City were helped quite a lot by the referee though, who awarded a penalty for handball, even though the Everton defender was only two yards away from the attacker when the ball was hit. As many were quick to point out, the inconsistancy between this decision to give a penalty, and the decision not to award Liverpool a penalty against Arsenal, when Odegaard clearly handled the ball in the area, once again raises questions about the standard of refereeing.
Arsenal concluded this round of matches, with a shock 2 - 0 defeat at home to West Ham United. The result confirmed Liverpool's position at the top of the table, and means the Gunners are now two points behind the Reds.
Premier League Top 6
Liverpool - 42pts
Arsenal - 40pts
Aston Villa - 39pts
Manchester City - 37pts
Tottenham - 36pts
West Ham United - 33pts
Premier League Bottom 4
Everton - 16pts
Luton - 15pts
Burnley - 11pts
Sheffield United - 9pts
If you liked the article 'Premier League Results - Week 19', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 353
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Catch up with all the other LFC fixtures and results below...
- Premier League Fixtures – Week 26February 24, 2024Liverpool's focus this weekend is on the Carabao Cup Final, but Arsenal and Manchester City will all be looking to close the gap on the Reds at the top of the table. […]
- Premier League Results – Week 25February 19, 2024Liverpool produced an excellent display to win away at Brentford for the first time since 1938. Arsenal also won to keep up the pressure on the Reds, but City and Spurs drop points. […]
- Premier League Fixtures – Week 25February 15, 2024Liverpool, Manchester City, and Arsenal will all be looking to take control of the Title race, as the Premier League prepares for another weekend of action. […]
- Premier League Results – Week 24February 12, 2024The Premier League delivered once again, with plenty of goals and late drama across all 10 matches this weekend. […]
- Premier League Fixtures – Week 24February 9, 2024Liverpool will be looking to bounce back from their disappointing defeat at Arsenal last Sunday, when they host Burnley at Anfield tomorrow. See which other games are taking place this weekend. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com