Monday's game against Newcastle will be the last time Liverpool fans see Mo Salah and Watau Endo play for the club - for a few weeks anyway. Both players have been selected to represent their countries, Salah for Egypt in the African Cup of Nations, and Endo for Japan, in the Asian Cup.
During his pre-match press conference, Jurgen Klopp confirmed that both players would leave Anfield after the Newcastle match. As neither tournament starts until the 12th Janauary, it had been hoped that the pair would be able to stay at Liverpool, for the FA Cup 3rd Round match against Arsenal, on the 7th January. However, that notion was quickly dismissed by both countries.
Now that the decision has been made, LFC - Back On Our Perch takes a look at how many games both players will miss over the coming weeks.
When are the Tournaments
African Cup of Nations Group Stage : 13th January 2024 - 24th January 2024
African Cup of Nations Knock-out Stage : 27th January 2024 - 11th February 2024
Asian Cup Group Stage : 12th January 2024 - 25th January 2024
Asian Cup Knock-out stage : 28th January 2024 - 10th February 2024
Which games will the pair miss during the group stage?
The group of the AFCON lasts eleven days, whilst the Asian Cup group stage lasts twelve days, with both complete by the 25th January 2024. That means both Salah and Endo will definately miss the following games :
7th Janury 2024 - FA Cup 3rd Round vs Arsenal (at the Emirates)
10th January 2024 - Carabao Cup Semi Final 1st Leg vs Fulham (at Anfield)
21st January 2024 - Premier League vs AFC Bournemouth (at the Vitality Stadium)
Which games will the pair miss if they go all the way to the Finals?
If both countries go deeper into the competitions, which is likely, then both players could also miss the following games :
24th Janaury 2024 - Carabao Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg vs Fulham (at Craven Cottage)
31st January 2024 - Premier League vs Chelsea (at Anfield)
4th February 2024 - Premier League vs Arsenal (at the Emirates)
10th February 2024 - Premier League vs Burnley (at Anfield)
If you liked the article 'How many games will Salah and Endo miss?', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 352
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Catch up with all the other LFC fixtures and results below...
- Liverpool fight back to beat Luton TownFebruary 21, 2024Despite missing 10 first-team players, Liverpool produced a stunning second-half performance to defeat Luton Town at Anfield, and regain their lead at the top of the table. […]
- Liverpool vs Luton confirmed line-upsFebruary 21, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into making five changes for tonight's game against Luton Town at Anfield, with ten first-team players unavailable through injury. […]
- Liverpool stay top with big win over BrentfordFebruary 17, 2024The Reds produced an excellent performance to record a first victory over Brentford at the Gtech Stadium, but injuries threaten to dampen the weekend. […]
- Brentford vs Liverpool confirmed lineupsFebruary 17, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into several changes for today's game, with Alisson, Alexander-Arnold , and Szoboszlai all out injured. […]
- Reds back on top after Burnley victoryFebruary 11, 2024Jurgen Klopp praised Liverpool's 'gritty' display, after they earned a hard-fought 3 - 1 victory over Burnley, to move back to the top of the Premier League. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com