Mohamad Salah and his Egyptian teammates completed their warm up, for the upcoming African Cup of Nations, with a comfortable two-nil victory over Tanzania on Sunday.
The match took place in Cairo, where the Egyptian team have been training, in front of just 1,700 fans.
Liverpool fans will be pleased to hear that Salah came through the game unscathed, and continued his good form, by playing a role in both goals. In the 32nd minute, Salah played a lovely through ball to Trezeguet, who confidently slammed the ball into the roof of the net. Into the second half, and Salah had the chance to double the lead from the penalty spot, but once again he missed his penalty. Luckily for Salah, his shot hit the crossbar, bounced down and hit the Tanzania goalkeeper, before going into the net. The goal was credited as an own goal, and the miss will not have helped Salah's confidence from the penalty spot, but atleast he has the confidence to put hmself forward.
Salah and his teammates will now prepare to head to the Ivory Coast, for their opening group game on the 14th January 2024.
Egypt play the first of three group games starting on the 14th January, before playing again on the 18th January and then the 22nd January.
14th January 2024 - Egypt vs Mozambique - 5pm kickoff - Stade Felix Houphouet-Boigny
18th January 2024 - Egypt vs Ghana - 8pm kickoff - Stade Felix Houphouet-Boigny
22nd January 2024 - Cape Verde vs Egypt - 8pm kick0ff - Stade Felix Houphouet-Boigny
Liverpool fans everywhere will be wishing Mo Salah well for the competition, but also praying that he comes back fit and injury free.
Check back with LFC - Back On Our Perch for match reports and analysis of all Salah's games in the African Cup of Nations.
If you liked the article 'Egypt warms up for AFCON with win', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 352
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Line Up and Match Reports you might like to read...
- Liverpool fight back to beat Luton TownFebruary 21, 2024Despite missing 10 first-team players, Liverpool produced a stunning second-half performance to defeat Luton Town at Anfield, and regain their lead at the top of the table. […]
- Liverpool vs Luton confirmed line-upsFebruary 21, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into making five changes for tonight's game against Luton Town at Anfield, with ten first-team players unavailable through injury. […]
- Liverpool stay top with big win over BrentfordFebruary 17, 2024The Reds produced an excellent performance to record a first victory over Brentford at the Gtech Stadium, but injuries threaten to dampen the weekend. […]
- Brentford vs Liverpool confirmed lineupsFebruary 17, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into several changes for today's game, with Alisson, Alexander-Arnold , and Szoboszlai all out injured. […]
- Reds back on top after Burnley victoryFebruary 11, 2024Jurgen Klopp praised Liverpool's 'gritty' display, after they earned a hard-fought 3 - 1 victory over Burnley, to move back to the top of the Premier League. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com