Versatile Liverpool defender Joe Gomez is set to make his 200th Liverpool appearance tonight, as the Reds take on Fulham in the Carabao Cup.
Joining the club from Charlton Athletic in 2015, for a fee of £6million, Gomez has played in every position across the back four, since making his debut against Stoke City on 9th August 2015.
Although bought as a centre half, Gomez has been used extensively as a full back. Good with both feet, Gomez is comfortable playing at right or left back. Ironically, that versatility has probably cost Gomez a more regular starting place, as he is often used to cover injured or tired players.
Gomez is yet to score for Liverpool, a fact that is often brought up by commentators and opposition fans. In recent weeks, it has been noticable that Gomez has been taking more shots, often from range, as he seeks his first Liverpool goal.
Everyone at LFC - Back On Our Perch offers their congratulations to Joe on his great achievement.
Joe Gomez Fact File
D.O.B - 23rd May 1997
Joined Liverpool - 20th June 2015
Joined from - Charlton Athletic, £6million fee
First Liverpool appearance - 9th August 2015 vs Stoke City
First Liverpool goal - Yet to score
Total Liverpool appearances to date - 200
Total Liverpool goals to date - 0
Total Liverpool assists to date - 8
50th Liverpool appearance - 3rd October 2018 vs Napoli
100th Liverpool appearance - 11th March 2020 vs Athletico Madrid
150th Liverpool appearance - 9th October 2022 vs Arsenal
If you liked the article 'Joe Gomez makes 200th Liverpool appearance', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 352
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other articles about LFC's History that you might like to read...
- Liverpool vs Chelsea head-to-head recordFebruary 24, 2024LFC - Back On Our Perch takes a look at Liverpool's head-to-head record against Chelsea, as the two sides get ready to face off in the Carabao Cup Final tomorrow. […]
- Ex-Reds boss Roy Hodgson retires from footballFebruary 23, 2024Roy Hodgson, who had an ill-fated spell as Liverpool's Manager in 2010/11 has been forced to retire from football after being taken ill last week. […]
- Harvey Elliott makes 100th Liverpool appearanceFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool youngster Harvey Elliott will make his 100th appearance for the Reds tonight against Luton Town, becoming the fourth youngest player to reach the landmark. […]
- Liverpool field team with 11 different nationalitiesFebruary 17, 2024LFC set a new club record today when the Starting XI for the game against Brentford featured eleven players from eleven different countries. […]
- Van Dijk breaks club record on 250th appearanceFebruary 17, 2024Today's game against Brentford was a special one for Virgil Van Dijk, as the Reds skipper made his 250th appearance, and broke an LFC club record in the process. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com