It's fair to say that Liverpool's loan deals this year have been pretty awful. With the exception of Tyler Morton at Hull City, and Sepp Van Den Berg at Mainz 05, all of Liverpool's young players have failed to get any signifuicant game time.
That has resulted in most of those loans being cancelled, and Liverpool are expected to shortly confirm that another deal has also been cut short, with Calvin Ramsey being recalled from Preston North End.
Ramsey joined Preston on the 13th June 2023. The previous season, a long standing back issue, had prevented him getting any real playing time in the Reds first team, so a loan move was seen as the ideal way for the player to regain his fitness and gain plenty of expereince. Preston play in the Championship, and finished 12th in 2023, so expectations were high that Ramsey would get plenty of game time, at a level that would aid his development.
Sadly, that has not been the case, with the young Scottish defender making just two appearances for Preston - both of which ended in defeat. Fitness has once again been a big problem for Ramsey, who missed several months at the start of the season with a knee injury, before a bout of Covid-19 sidelined him again recently.
What next for Ramsey?
Speaking to reporters after his side's victory over Bristol City earlier in the week, Preston North End manager Ryan Lowe confirmed,
"We've got no information on it yet, but Liverpool are calling him back. We are just waiting on them to officially announce it, but he has gone back to Liverpool yeah.
"He had been fit. The first time he went back was for a setback, but he trained every day. He came back to us in November time and the last few weeks, when he was available, his fitness was fine.
"He had Covid obviously, but in terms of fitness - it was an issue because he wasn't fit enough to be selected early doors. He was then fit and available, coming up against Middlesbrough and starting against QPR. After that, he wasn't and it'd only been the last week or so he was back fit."
Now that Ramsey is back at Liverpool, Klopp and his team will need work out how best to help the youngster revive his career. It is unlikely that Ramsey will get any game time with the Reds, as Alexander-Arnold is the go-to right back when fit, and youngster Conor Bradley gave a 'man of the match' performance against Fulham, so he would be the automatic choice to cover Arnold when needed. Another loan move looks likely then, just as the Reds have done with Fabio Carvalho, but Liverpool will need to ensure that Ramsey gets plenty of opportunities, if he is not to waste another 6 months of his career.
If you liked the article 'Calvin Ramsey recalled by Liverpool', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 348
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Transfer News you might like to read...
- Mbappe agrees five-year Madrid dealFebruary 20, 2024French superstar Kylian Mbappe has finally ended months of speculation about his future, by agreeing to join Real Madrid in a five-year deal with £200million. […]
- Thiago and Adrian to leave in the summerFebruary 9, 2024Liverpool are likely to lose two Spanish players in the summer, with both Thiago Alcantara and Adrian out of contract, and LFC unlikely to offer either player a new deal. […]
- Steven Gerrard extends contract with Al EttifaqJanuary 19, 2024Despite coming under pressure after a poor run of results, Liverpool legend, Steven Gerrard, has signed a new contract with Al Ettifaq, keeping him at the club until 2027. […]
- Henderson exits Saudi Arabia after six monthsJanuary 19, 2024Former Liverpool Captain, Jordan Henderson, has ended his time in Saudi Arabia after just six months, by sealing a move to Dutch giants Ajax. […]
- Rhys Williams seals loan moveJanuary 18, 2024The young centre back will go out on load for the second time this season, in a bid to gain more first team experience, and aid his push for a place in the Reds first team squad. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com