Despite featuring four times for the Liverpool first team this season, young left back Luke Chambers has sealed a six month loan deal to Wigan Athletic. The deal will see him stay with the 'Latics' until the end of the season.
Chambers has been with Liverpool since the age of six, and has worked his way up through the academy. After a breakout season in 2020-21, where he starred for the Under-18's, Chambers signed his first professional contract with LFC in 2021.
In the summer of 2022, Chambers played a key part in England Under-19's winning the European Championship. That form saw him join the Liverpool first team, for the tour of Thailand and Singapore. Chambers started the pre-season game against Man United, and came on as a sub against Crystal Palace. After returning to the Under-21's Chambers joined Scottish side Kilmarnock for the second half of the 2022-23 season, where he made 16 appearances.
His first team debut for Liverpool came at the start of the 2023-24 season, and he has gone on to make four first team appearances so far.
Chambers makes immeadiate impact....
Despite only signing for Wigan 24 hours ago, Chambers has made an immeadiate impact at his new club, helping them to a one all draw away at Northampton Town. The youngster started the game at left back, and played the full ninety minutes, as Wigan came from behind to grab a point.
Wigan will need plenty more performances like this, as they are currently 18th in League one, and have been on a bad run of form, winning just one of their last five games.
Everyone at LFC - Back On Our Perch wishes Luke well for the remainder of the season!
If you liked the article 'Luke Chambers moves to Wigan Athletic', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 348
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Transfer News you might like to read...
- Mbappe agrees five-year Madrid dealFebruary 20, 2024French superstar Kylian Mbappe has finally ended months of speculation about his future, by agreeing to join Real Madrid in a five-year deal with £200million. […]
- Thiago and Adrian to leave in the summerFebruary 9, 2024Liverpool are likely to lose two Spanish players in the summer, with both Thiago Alcantara and Adrian out of contract, and LFC unlikely to offer either player a new deal. […]
- Steven Gerrard extends contract with Al EttifaqJanuary 19, 2024Despite coming under pressure after a poor run of results, Liverpool legend, Steven Gerrard, has signed a new contract with Al Ettifaq, keeping him at the club until 2027. […]
- Henderson exits Saudi Arabia after six monthsJanuary 19, 2024Former Liverpool Captain, Jordan Henderson, has ended his time in Saudi Arabia after just six months, by sealing a move to Dutch giants Ajax. […]
- Rhys Williams seals loan moveJanuary 18, 2024The young centre back will go out on load for the second time this season, in a bid to gain more first team experience, and aid his push for a place in the Reds first team squad. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com