The draw for the FA Cup Fourth Round may have taken place over a week ago, but it wasn't until earlier tonight, that Liverpool discovered their opponent in the next round, as Norwich City and Bristol Rovers played their Third Round replay.
With a trip to Anfield on January 28th awaiting the winner, both sides fielded strong teams, but it was Championship side Norwich, who eventually won the match, 3 - 1.
Bristol Rovers started the match well, bouyed on by a large home crowd, and took the lead in the 20th minute. The home fans could sense another FA Cup upset, after rivals Bristol City, defeated West Ham in their replay last night. Sadly for the blue half of Bristol, their dreams were to be short lived, with Norwich scoring three second half goals to turn the match around, and secure the coveted trip to Anfield later in the month.
Tickets are already on sale for the Fourth Round tie, so please visit the official Liverpoolfc.com website for more details. If you can't make it to Anfield, the match will be broadcast live by ITV1.
FA Cup Fourth Round Ties
Now that all the Third Round replays have been completed, the list for the Fourth Round is as follows :
1 Watford v Southampton
2 Blackburn Rovers v Wrexham
3 AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City
4 West Bromwich Albion v Wolverhampton Wanderers
5 Bristol City v Nottingham Forest
6 Leicester City v Birmingham City
7 Sheffield Wednesday v Coventry City
8 Chelsea v Aston Villa
9 Ipswich Town v Maidstone United
10 Liverpool v Norwich City
11 Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City
12 Leeds United v Plymouth Argyle
13 Everton v Luton Town
14 Newport County v Manchester United
15 Sheffield United v Brighton & Hove Albion
16 Fulham v Newcastle United
If you liked the article 'FA Cup Fourth Round opponents confirmed', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 353
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Catch up with all the other LFC fixtures and results below...
- Liverpool fight back to beat Luton TownFebruary 21, 2024Despite missing 10 first-team players, Liverpool produced a stunning second-half performance to defeat Luton Town at Anfield, and regain their lead at the top of the table. […]
- Liverpool vs Luton confirmed line-upsFebruary 21, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into making five changes for tonight's game against Luton Town at Anfield, with ten first-team players unavailable through injury. […]
- Liverpool stay top with big win over BrentfordFebruary 17, 2024The Reds produced an excellent performance to record a first victory over Brentford at the Gtech Stadium, but injuries threaten to dampen the weekend. […]
- Brentford vs Liverpool confirmed lineupsFebruary 17, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into several changes for today's game, with Alisson, Alexander-Arnold , and Szoboszlai all out injured. […]
- Reds back on top after Burnley victoryFebruary 11, 2024Jurgen Klopp praised Liverpool's 'gritty' display, after they earned a hard-fought 3 - 1 victory over Burnley, to move back to the top of the Premier League. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com