After recalling Rhys Williams from his disastrous loan spell with Aberdeen earlier in the season, Liverpool have acted quickly, to secure the youngster a second loan spell, this time with Port Vale.
The deal means Williams will join up with his new squad immeadiatly, and spend the rest of the 2023/24 season at Vale Park.
Port Vale currently sit 15th in League One, and are next in action on Saturday, when they face Wycombe Wanderers at home. Williams will be looking to impress his new boss - Vale Manager Andy Crosby - and get into the first team as soon as possible.
Williams joined Liverpool aged 10, and has gone on to make 19 senior appearances for the Reds, making his debut in 2020, in the Carabao Cup. He has also featured for Liverpool in the Premier League and Champions League.
Port Vale boss delighted with Williams capture...
“I am absolutely delighted to welcome Rhys to Vale Park."
“He comes into the squad and instantly enhances our defensive options with the quality that he possesses and, as a person, I am sure that he will prove to be a popular figure off the pitch too, with his personality, drive and desire to become the very best version of himself."
“This loan signing is yet another example of clubs at the elite level seeing the way that we treat the players both on and off the pitch and the way that we play as a team, and ultimately seeing Port Vale as an ideal home for their future talents’ development."
“I would personally like to thank Liverpool FC for allowing us the opportunity to work with Rhys; the First Team staff and I all look forward to working closely with him for the remainder of the season.”
LFC - Back On Our Perch wishes Rhys all the best for the second half of the seasonl!!
If you liked the article 'Rhys Williams seals loan move', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 353
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Transfer News you might like to read...
- Mbappe agrees five-year Madrid dealFebruary 20, 2024French superstar Kylian Mbappe has finally ended months of speculation about his future, by agreeing to join Real Madrid in a five-year deal with £200million. […]
- Thiago and Adrian to leave in the summerFebruary 9, 2024Liverpool are likely to lose two Spanish players in the summer, with both Thiago Alcantara and Adrian out of contract, and LFC unlikely to offer either player a new deal. […]
- Steven Gerrard extends contract with Al EttifaqJanuary 19, 2024Despite coming under pressure after a poor run of results, Liverpool legend, Steven Gerrard, has signed a new contract with Al Ettifaq, keeping him at the club until 2027. […]
- Henderson exits Saudi Arabia after six monthsJanuary 19, 2024Former Liverpool Captain, Jordan Henderson, has ended his time in Saudi Arabia after just six months, by sealing a move to Dutch giants Ajax. […]
- Luke Chambers moves to Wigan AthleticJanuary 13, 2024Young left back joins the League One outfit for the remainder of the 2023-24 season, as he looks to gain more experience. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com