After suffering a muscle strain whilst representing Egypt last week, Liverpool fans have been desperate to hear news on how Mo Salah's recovery is progressing. So when Jurgen Klopp provided a substantial update, after his sides 4 - 0 victory over Bournemouth earlier today, fans were keen to hear what he had to say.
Speaking at his post-match press conference, Klopp confirmed that Salah will be returning to Anfield,
"That's the plan. I think everybody sees it makes sense to (rehab) with us. Salah has spoken to the LFC doctor. Nothing set in stone though."
However, within an hour of Klopps comments, the Egyptian FA have also released a statement, confirming Salah's return.
"After additional examinations were conducted on Mohamed Salah during the last hours, and after communication between the national team's medical staff and his counterpart at Liverpool FC, it was decided that the player will return to England after the Cape Verde match tomorrow to complete his treatment, with the hope that he will join the national team in the semi-final of the AFCON if we qualify."
Salah's AFCON in the balance...
Egypt will need a much improved performance against Cape Verde on Tuesday, if they are to stand any chance of progressing to the knock-out stage of the competition. If they lose, Egypt will most likely go out, and Salah's AFCON will be over for another four years.
If Egypt do progress, Salah will still miss the next game, but could be available if Egypt reach the Semi Final in a couple of weeks time.
If Egypt fail to progress, then Salah will already be back at Liverpool, with the clubs doctors, progressing his rehab in the best possible place, ready to return to the Liverpool starting line up as soon as possible.
LFC - Back On Our Perch will bring you all the latest developments with Salah's rehabilitation, and whether Egypt qualify for the next round of the AFCON.
If you liked the article 'Klopp confirms Salah is returning to Liverpool', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 352
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Injury News articles you might like to read...
- Pep Lijnders provides huge injury updateFebruary 23, 2024The Liverpool Assistant Manager has confirmed that the Reds will be without a number of first-team players until after the International break in March. […]
- When will Liverpool’s injured players returnFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool are in the middle of an injury crisis, with numerous key players set for an extended spell on the sidelines. […]
- Liverpool suffer more injury woesFebruary 17, 2024Despite the excellent performance and result against Brentford yesterday, Jurgen Klopp will have had much to ponder on the long trip north, as three more first-team players suffered injuries. […]
- Liverpool suffer massive injury blowFebruary 16, 2024Jurgen Klopp has revealed that goalkeeper Alisson Becker has suffered a hamstring injury in training, and will not travel with the squad to face Brentford tomorrow. […]
- First team duo back in trainingFebruary 13, 2024Alisson and Joe Gomez both took part in first-team training today, after recovering from a virus that kept them out of last weekend's match with Burnley. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com