Liverpool's Columbian winger, Luis Diaz, is making his 50th Premier League appearance for the club today, in the match against AFC Bournemouth.
Diaz joined Liverpool on the last day of the 2022 January transfer window. The move was somewhat of a surprise, as although Liverpool's interest was well known, it was expected the transfer would happen the following summer. However, when Liverpool got wind of interest from Tottenham, they acted quickly to conclude the transfer, and ensure Diaz moved to Anfield, and not London.
Since then, Diaz has gone on to establish himself as an ever present in the Liverpool attack. Today's 50th Premier League appearance comes almost two years to the day of his transfer, whilst he has made a total of 74 appearances in all competitions. Sadly, Diaz missed half of the 2022/23 season with a serious knee injury, otherwise he would have hit todays milestone much earlier.
Everyone at LFC - Back On Our Perch congratulates Diaz on another personal milestone!
Luis Diaz factfile
Date of Birth : 13th January 1997
Date joined Liverpool : 30th January 2022
Liverpool Debut : 6th February 2022 vs Cardiff City in the FA Cup
First Liverpool Goal : 19th February 2022 vs Norwich City in the Premier League
Total Appearances : 74
Total Goals : 17
Total Assists : 7
Luis Diaz Appearances by Competition
Premier League - 50
Champions League - 10
FA Cup - 6
Europa League - 4
League Cup - 3
Community Shield - 1
If you liked the article 'Luis Diaz plays 50th Premier League game for LFC', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 366
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other articles about LFC's History that you might like to read...
- Liverpool’s 13 League Cup Final appearancesFebruary 25, 2024Liverpool will be playing in a record 14th League Cup Final today. Find out how the Reds performed in their previous 13 Final appearances. […]
- Liverpool vs Chelsea head-to-head recordFebruary 24, 2024LFC - Back On Our Perch takes a look at Liverpool's head-to-head record against Chelsea, as the two sides get ready to face off in the Carabao Cup Final tomorrow. […]
- Ex-Reds boss Roy Hodgson retires from footballFebruary 23, 2024Roy Hodgson, who had an ill-fated spell as Liverpool's Manager in 2010/11 has been forced to retire from football after being taken ill last week. […]
- Harvey Elliott makes 100th Liverpool appearanceFebruary 21, 2024Liverpool youngster Harvey Elliott will make his 100th appearance for the Reds tonight against Luton Town, becoming the fourth youngest player to reach the landmark. […]
- Liverpool field team with 11 different nationalitiesFebruary 17, 2024LFC set a new club record today when the Starting XI for the game against Brentford featured eleven players from eleven different countries. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com