The footballing world has been shocked this morning, with the surprise announcement that Jurgen Klopp will be standin down as Liverpool Manager at the end of the current campaign.
The announcement was made on the official Liverpoolfc.com website, with Klopp confirming that his backroom staff will also leave with him. The decision means Klopp will bring to an end an 8 year association with Liverpool, during which time he has won every major trophy available.
In his statement, Klopp says that the decision is solely down to his 'energy levels', and that his love for the club, fans and city of Liverpool will never change.
Klopp also confirmed that he made Liverpool's owners aware of his decision in November, but wanted to keep it quiet whilst the season developed. With a little over 3 months of the season left, Liverpool fans must now get used to the idea of the club moving forward without Klopp at the helm.
This is a developing news story, and LFC - Back On Our Perch will bring you more information as the story develops.
Keep reading below for Jurgen Klopp's statement.
Jurgen Klopp Statement from Liverpoolfc.com
"I can understand that it’s a shock for a lot of people in this moment, when you hear it for the first time, but obviously I can explain it – or at least try to explain it."
"I love absolutely everything about this club, I love everything about the city, I love everything about our supporters, I love the team, I love the staff. I love everything. But that I still take this decision shows you that I am convinced it is the one I have to take."
"It is that I am, how can I say it, running out of energy. I have no problem now, obviously, I knew it already for longer that I will have to announce it at one point, but I am absolutely fine now. I know that I cannot do the job again and again and again and again."
"After the years we had together and after all the time we spent together and after all the things we went through together, the respect grew for you, the love grew for you and the least I owe you is the truth – and that is the truth."
If you liked the article 'title', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 352
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other General News articles you might like to read...
- Liverpool vs Chelsea preview: kick-off, team news, TV channelFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool and Chelsea meet at Wembley in the Carabao Cup Final on Sunday. LFC - Back On Our Perch has all the pre-match info you need to enjoy the big game. […]
- Jurgen Klopp’s managerial record vs Mauricio PochettinoFebruary 24, 2024Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino will once again lock horns in Sunday's Carabao Cup Final. How has the Reds' boss fared against his Argentinian counterpart? […]
- Liverpool learn Europa League Last 16 opponentsFebruary 23, 2024The draw for the Europa League Round of 16 has taken place this morning in Nyon, Switzerland, with Liverpool drawing Sparta Prague. […]
- Jurgen Klopp gives injury update during press conferenceFebruary 20, 2024As expected, Jurgen Klopp used today's pre-match press conference to provide updates on the club's numerous injured players, including Alisson, Jota, Jones and Alexander-Arnold. […]
- Six games that will decide this season’s title raceFebruary 20, 2024The 2023/24 season is reaching an exciting climax, with four teams still in the hunt for the title. We take a look at six upcoming games that will decide this season's title race. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com