Conor Bradley produced another outstanding performance, as the young right back showed why he is so highly regarded by Klopp and the coaching staff at Liverpool, as Liverpool thrashed Chelsea 4 - 1 at Anfield, to maintain their five point lead at the top of the Premier League table.
Going into the game, many pundits thought that this game might be the one where Liverpool stumbled, with Chelsea on a good run of form. Any suggestions soon seemed ludicrous however, with Liverpool starting the match on the front foot, and never letting up.
Indeed, such was the difference in energy and desire between the two teams, that it's surprising that it took Liverpool until the 23rd minute to open the scoring. Once they did however, they never really looked like letting Chelsea back in.
Darwin Nunez had already hit the post twice by the time Diogo Jota's persistance created the first goal, and when Conor Bradley expertly finished from the edge of box, to cap a free flowing move by the Reds, the game looked beyond Chelsea.
Bradley would end the night with a goal and two assists to his name, as he stole the show on just his second Premier League start.
Chelsea briefly threatened late in the second half, after Nkunku pulled a goal back, but Luis Diaz wrapped up the victory in the 79th minute, to ensure Liverpool travel to Arsenal at the weekend, with their lead at the stop still intact.
TNT Sports Player of the Match : Conor Bradley
Sky Sports Player of the Match : Conor Bradley
BBC Player of the Match : Conor Bradley
LiverpoolFC.com Player of the Match : Conor Bradley
Liverpool Starting XI : Alisson, Bradley, Gomez, Konate, Van Dijk (C), Mac allister, Jones, Szoboszlai, Jota, Diaz, Nunez
Fulham Starting XI : Petrovic, Disasi, Silva, Badiashile, Chilwell, Caicedo, Fernandez, Madueke, Gallagher, Sterling, Palmer
Liverpool 51% - 49% Chelsea
Liverpool 28 - 4 Chelsea
Shots on Target
Liverpool 13 - 3 Chelsea
Liverpool 8 - 1 Chelsea
If you liked the article 'Liverpool vs Chelsea Match Report', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 348
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Line Up and Match Reports you might like to read...
- Liverpool fight back to beat Luton TownFebruary 21, 2024Despite missing 10 first-team players, Liverpool produced a stunning second-half performance to defeat Luton Town at Anfield, and regain their lead at the top of the table. […]
- Liverpool vs Luton confirmed line-upsFebruary 21, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into making five changes for tonight's game against Luton Town at Anfield, with ten first-team players unavailable through injury. […]
- Liverpool stay top with big win over BrentfordFebruary 17, 2024The Reds produced an excellent performance to record a first victory over Brentford at the Gtech Stadium, but injuries threaten to dampen the weekend. […]
- Brentford vs Liverpool confirmed lineupsFebruary 17, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into several changes for today's game, with Alisson, Alexander-Arnold , and Szoboszlai all out injured. […]
- Reds back on top after Burnley victoryFebruary 11, 2024Jurgen Klopp praised Liverpool's 'gritty' display, after they earned a hard-fought 3 - 1 victory over Burnley, to move back to the top of the Premier League. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com