Liverpool travel to the Emirates Stadium this afternoon, knowing a win will not only keep their five point advantage at the top of the table, it will also seriously dent Arsenal's title chances.
The Reds have prodcued some excellent performances over the last few weeks, which have been especially impressive, given how many players we have had unavailable, becuase of injury or international duty. Thankfully, our injury crisis seems to be easing, with Alexander-Arnold, Szoboszlia and Robertson all returning to first team action this week. Wataru Endo will also be heading back to Liverpool early, after Japan's surprise exit at the Asian Cup, whilst Mo Salah is making good progress in his recovery from a muscle tear.
Whilst all that is good news, Klopp plans have been hit with two pieces of bad news in the last 48 hours. Firstly, the sad news of the death of Conor Bradley's dad yesterday, is a timely reminder that whilst important, football is not the most important thing in life. Secondly, 'Mr Chaos' - Darwin Nunez - left Anfield with a protective boot on Wednesday evening, and is a major doubt for todays game.
Continue rading below for all the early team news ahead of this afternoon's 4.30pm kick-off.
Darwin Nunez to be assessed today...
Speaking after the Chelsea game, Klopp confirmed that Nunez suffered a foot injury during the match, and needed an x-ray on Thursday. Thankfully that came back clear, and the player took part in training yesterday, but it's unclear if Klopp will risk Nunez from the start, or look to use his other attacking options.
Klopp confirmed, "I don’t know if Darwin is available or not because after 20 minutes somebody stepped on his foot and it was very painful after the game. He only took his boot off after the game because he didn’t want to see it before, he knew there was something. So, he left the stadium in a boot, and it was not a football boot. So, nothing broke, X-ray clear, but [it is] swollen and we have to see if he can get his foot back into a boot or not because we all know that takes time. I did not see him this morning so we have to wait a little bit."
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson and Dominik Szoboszlai are all available, after their return to action against Chelsea, whilst Thiago Alcantara is nearing his first action of the season. Thiago took part in Friday's training sessions, but is unlikely to make the squad to todays game.
Elsewhere, Kostas Tsimikas, Joel Matip, Ben Doak an Stefan Bajcetic remain on the long term injured list, and are unlikely to feature over the next few weeks.
If you liked the article 'Arsenal vs Liverpool Early Team News', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 353
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other General News articles you might like to read...
- Liverpool vs Chelsea preview: kick-off, team news, TV channelFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool and Chelsea meet at Wembley in the Carabao Cup Final on Sunday. LFC - Back On Our Perch has all the pre-match info you need to enjoy the big game. […]
- Jurgen Klopp’s managerial record vs Mauricio PochettinoFebruary 24, 2024Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino will once again lock horns in Sunday's Carabao Cup Final. How has the Reds' boss fared against his Argentinian counterpart? […]
- Liverpool learn Europa League Last 16 opponentsFebruary 23, 2024The draw for the Europa League Round of 16 has taken place this morning in Nyon, Switzerland, with Liverpool drawing Sparta Prague. […]
- Jurgen Klopp gives injury update during press conferenceFebruary 20, 2024As expected, Jurgen Klopp used today's pre-match press conference to provide updates on the club's numerous injured players, including Alisson, Jota, Jones and Alexander-Arnold. […]
- Six games that will decide this season’s title raceFebruary 20, 2024The 2023/24 season is reaching an exciting climax, with four teams still in the hunt for the title. We take a look at six upcoming games that will decide this season's title race. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com