Despite Liverpool's defeat to Arsenal on Sunday, there was good news for Reds fans this weekend, as the Under-18's progressed to the Quarter Finals of the FA Youth Cup, thanks to a 3 - 0 victory over Fulham.
After a difficult opening 45 minutes, in which Fulham created several good chances, Liverpool produced an excellent second-half display, to secure their place in the last eight of the competition.
Goals from Lewis Koumas, Kieran Morrison, and Jayden Danns were enough to ensure victory for the Reds, with Fulham's keeper making several good saves to stop the Reds from scoring more goals.
The game was played at the Kirkby Academy and streamed live on the Liverpoolfc.com website.
The result means Liverpool will now play either Sheffield United or Leeds United away from home, on the 9th March 2024.
Liverpool Line Up...
Liverpool Starting XI : Misciur, Davidson, Pinnington, Pitt, Nallo, Laffey (K. Kelly, 78), Kone-Doherty, Morrison, Danns (Pennington, 90+1), Nyoni, Koumas
Liverpool Unused Subs : Morana, Enahoro-Marcus, Giblin, Gyimah, Figueroa
FA Youth Cup teams...
As well as Liverpool, Swindon Town, Millwall, and Tottenham have all reached the Quarter Finals. They will be joined by either Crystal Palace, Chelsea, Reading, Man City, Bristol City, Burnley, Sheffield United or Leeds United.
Liverpool's Under-18's are next in action on Saturday when Blackburn Rovers Under-18's visit the Kirkby Academy. The match kicks off at 11am and will be broadcast live on LFCTV GO.
If you liked the article 'Liverpool youngsters progress in the Cup', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 352
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other General News articles you might like to read...
- Liverpool vs Chelsea preview: kick-off, team news, TV channelFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool and Chelsea meet at Wembley in the Carabao Cup Final on Sunday. LFC - Back On Our Perch has all the pre-match info you need to enjoy the big game. […]
- Jurgen Klopp’s managerial record vs Mauricio PochettinoFebruary 24, 2024Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino will once again lock horns in Sunday's Carabao Cup Final. How has the Reds' boss fared against his Argentinian counterpart? […]
- Liverpool learn Europa League Last 16 opponentsFebruary 23, 2024The draw for the Europa League Round of 16 has taken place this morning in Nyon, Switzerland, with Liverpool drawing Sparta Prague. […]
- Jurgen Klopp gives injury update during press conferenceFebruary 20, 2024As expected, Jurgen Klopp used today's pre-match press conference to provide updates on the club's numerous injured players, including Alisson, Jota, Jones and Alexander-Arnold. […]
- Six games that will decide this season’s title raceFebruary 20, 2024The 2023/24 season is reaching an exciting climax, with four teams still in the hunt for the title. We take a look at six upcoming games that will decide this season's title race. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com