Liverpool's young guns continued their excellent recent form, scoring five goals against Blackburn Rovers in the U18 Premier League North.
Following on from last weekend's five-nil victory over Fulham in the FA Youth Cup, Marc Bridge-Wilkinson's side were once again amongst the goals, with Blackburn on the receiving end this time.
Liverpool were threatening from the start, and duly took the lead in the 23rd minute, when Figueroa nodded in from a Pennington cross on the right. After a series of chances for both teams, Liverpool scored a second on 40 minutes, when Blackburn failed to clear a corner, and Ahmed was on hand to poke home after Pitt had hoisted the ball back into the box.
Blackburn came out much quicker and stronger at the start of the second half and pulled a goal back almost immediately. They could have equalised soon after, but in the 60th minute, Liverpool restored their two-goal lead, when Kone-Doherty produced a lovely finish after cutting inside.
As the game progressed, Liverpool continued to press for more goals, and duly scored again in the 77th minute, with the influential Morrison scoring a free kick from 22 yards. Straight from the kick-off, Liverpool scored again, as Morrison collected a pass from Figueroa to calmly slot past the keeper.
Liverpool U18 Starting XI :
Misciur, Airoboma (Evers, 71), Gyimah (Giblin, 71), Pitt (Enahoro-Marcus, 83), K. Kelly, Laffey, Morrison (Sonni-Lambie, 88), Pennington, Figueroa, Ahmed, Kone-Doherty.
Unused Subs : Morana
Liverpool Under-18's have another home game next weekend, as they welcome rivals Manchester City to the Kirkby Academy. The match kicks off at 11.30am, on Saturday 17th February 2024.
If you liked the article 'Liverpool Under-18's thrash Blackburn Rovers', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 353
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Line Up and Match Reports you might like to read...
- Liverpool fight back to beat Luton TownFebruary 21, 2024Despite missing 10 first-team players, Liverpool produced a stunning second-half performance to defeat Luton Town at Anfield, and regain their lead at the top of the table. […]
- Liverpool vs Luton confirmed line-upsFebruary 21, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into making five changes for tonight's game against Luton Town at Anfield, with ten first-team players unavailable through injury. […]
- Liverpool stay top with big win over BrentfordFebruary 17, 2024The Reds produced an excellent performance to record a first victory over Brentford at the Gtech Stadium, but injuries threaten to dampen the weekend. […]
- Brentford vs Liverpool confirmed lineupsFebruary 17, 2024Jurgen Klopp has been forced into several changes for today's game, with Alisson, Alexander-Arnold , and Szoboszlai all out injured. […]
- Reds back on top after Burnley victoryFebruary 11, 2024Jurgen Klopp praised Liverpool's 'gritty' display, after they earned a hard-fought 3 - 1 victory over Burnley, to move back to the top of the Premier League. […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com