Liverpool Manager Jurgen Klopp has been forced into making significant changes to his starting XI, after injury, suspensions, and a bout of the flu, have all taken their toll on the Liverpool squad.
The Reds Manager has made five changes from the side that lost to Arsenal last time out, with Alisson and Gomez missing with illness, while Ibrahima Konate is suspended, following his late red card against the Gunners. Dominik Szoboszlai remains injured, as is Mo Salah.
With Alisson missing, Caoimhi Knelleher gets a rare start in the league, whilst Andy Robertson makes his first start in 4 months at left-back. Trent Alexander-Arnold continues at right-back, with Jarell Quansah partnering Van Dijk in central defence.
Watara Endo returns to central midfield, while Darwin Nunez starts up front.
Liverpool are also boosted by the return of Kostas Tsimikas to the sub's bench.
Liverpool Starting XI: Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Quansah, Roberton, Endo, Mac Allister, Jones, Nunez, Jota, Diaz
Liverpool Subs: Adrian, Mrozek, Gakpo, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Clark, McConnell, Koumas
Liverpool vs Burnley Head-to-Head
- Liverpool have won eight of the past ten Premier League meetings with Burnley.
- Liverpool have won the last four meetings against Burnley without conceding.
- Burnley have only won once at Anfield since 1973, when they recorded a 1 - 0 victory over the Reds in January 2021.
- Burnley have scored the opening goal in four of the last six games between the sides at Anfield.
Check back with LFC - Back On Our Perch later today for match analysis and report, post-game quotes and much more.
If you liked the article 'title', then please like and share this page with your friends, or leave a comment below.
For all the latest Liverpool FC news - visit our dedicated news page, where you'll find breaking news, match reports, transfer gossip, injury news and much more.
Looking to earn some extra money? Earn cash online by completing surveys, testing products and playing mobile games with Swagbucks. Sign up for Free and start Earning today!
#LFC #Liverpool #LiverpoolFC #YNWA #TheReds #LFCBackOnOurPerch #Anfield #Football
... About The Author ...
Peter Farrell - Editor and Chief Article Writer, LFC - Back On Our Perch
Articles written by Author :: 366
Lifelong fan with a passion for all things Liverpool. First memory of football is watching John Barnes score a dramatic last minute equaliser in the FA Cup when he was 4. Feels lucky to be a part of the 'Klopp' era.
Other Line Up and Match Reports you might like to read...
- Liverpool’s young guns send Southampton packingFebruary 28, 2024'Klopp's Kids' gave another excellent account of themselves, scoring three and keeping a clean sheet to steer Liverpool into the Quarter-Finals of the FA Cup. […]
- Liverpool vs Southampton confirmed lineupsFebruary 28, 2024Jurgen Klopp has named a very inexperienced Liverpool side for tonight's FA Cup game with Southampton, with nine Academy players in the squad. […]
- Predicted lineup vs SouthamptonFebruary 28, 2024Jurgen Klopp will once again need to look to the Academy when naming his starting XI for tonight's game against Southampton in the FA Cup. […]
- Liverpool stun Chelsea to win 10th Carabao CupFebruary 25, 2024Jurgen Klopp and Virgil Van Dijk lead Liverpool to Carabao Cup Glory, as the first leg of the quadruple is secured! […]
- Carabao Cup Final confirmed line-upFebruary 25, 2024Jurgen Klopp has named Liverpool's Starting XI for todays Carabao Cup Final against Chelsea. Come On you Reds!! […]
Affiliate Links & Disclaimer
This post may contains affiliate links, meaning, we promote products or services on external websites that we have used or know well and may receive a commission if you purchase them too (at no additional cost to you). This helps keep LFC - Back On Our Perch free to use. Our editorial decision making is not affected by the inclusion of such links.
*Please note that LFC - Back On Our Perch is a fan site and is not linked in any way to Liverpool FC. For the official Liverpool FC website please visit liverpoolfc.com